A router is a tool that is used by woodworkers for performing different tasks like to give shapes to a piece of wood finely. It is designed to be used for defining and cutting up hard materials such as fibreglass, graphite and many more with proper measurements. In the present time, people are using technology to get this work done like power tools and electric machines for rotating the spindle at high speed. This spindle drills into the wood, leaving a groove. The broadness of this groove depends on the measurements of the stuff or the cutting element.
A router table is a specially designed table for enhancing the functioning of the routers and providing comfort to the users with the involvement of some other tools as well.
Also check out Top rice cooker
The best router table of 2020
Best of Best
Kreg PRS1045 Router Table
Product Name: Kreg PRS1045 Router Table
Product Description: Kreg Precision Router Table Is one of the best professional table router tables. Kreg PRS1045 router table offers you an extreme customization option compared to any table on the list. Made of aluminum and steel this is one of the lightest and strongest router table. The tabletop is made of high-class MDF laminated board which slides heavy woodblock with ease. Eas adjusting fence, Hight adjust options and clear assembly instructions make this a must buy router table.
If you are looking for a good router table and don’t have a budget constraint just go for it. This router is table BEST of BEST in the market. Strongest and most customizable router table on our list.
Bosch Benchtop Router Table RA1181
Product Name: Bosch Benchtop Router Table RA1181
Product Description: Bosch RA1181 router table gives a large work surface for working and routing. The router table fits best if you have a Bosch router. The best part is it fits with almost all variety of routers, Its 2 1/2 inch dust collection box gives the best dust collection for a clean workplace. Large aluminum top makes the table both durable and portable. Bosch RA1181 Router Table also has adjustable MDF face plates which make it heavy woods slide easily. This router table is designed to fit anywhere which makes it portable and easy to work with the compact design gives you ample space for other work. This is table is most long lasting router table in the market and it also comes with 1 yr warranty.
The Bosch RA1181 Router table is Amazon’s choice for the best router table. This table is a cost-effective yet heavy-duty table in the market. It is suitable for starters to professionals. We suggest you go for only this table if you have other bosch products.
Large Aluminum top fence
Dust collection box
2 Adjustable feather boards
Best in budget
Skil Router Table
Product Name: Skil RAS900 Router Table
Product Description: The skil router table comes with a guard, featherboard, miter gauge and bit inserts, storage bag and a laminated MDF top. The table also offers storage for bids and router. It also has folding legs which makes it the most compact and practical full-size router table. The clamp system is designed to be fast and easy for quick work. The table has a Laminated MDF board which makes big wood slides easily. The Skil router table is made of high wearing plastic making it very durable.
The skil router table is the best budget full-size table in the market. This is perfect for starters as it offers all important features in a budget. The table comes assembled which makes it hassle-free and easy to start with.
Best for small projects
Fits almost every router
Inaccurate measurement lines
Less durable than costly models
Trim Router Table by Rockler
Product Name: Trim Router Table
Product Description: Trim Router is very portable it goes anywhere! You can attach this router table anywhere through A pre-drilled hole on the back of the Router Table. This router table is best for small works and handy jobs. It is made of durable vinyl wrapped MDF and the base is made of acrylic which makes it light and strong.
The Rockler trim router table is suitable if you work in different places. This is one of the most practical router table as it can be clamped on any surface like on the edge of a bench, a table, a piece of plywood, or the tailgate on your truck. Rockler router is easy to set up and do small jobs with ease. Go with it if you are looking for handy and table with basic functions.
Best for small jobs
Easy to set up
Lacks in large jobs
Not suitable for heavy usage
SawStop Router Table
Product Name: SawStop RT-BT Assembly: Benchtop Router Table
Product Description: The SawStop router table is the one of the most steady and heavy-duty router table. It is easy to work with its efficiency at this 27" x 16" cast iron Benchtop router Table, It has a fence assembly with adjustable Faces and shims. The best part is it is compatible with various routing accessories like feather boards, flip stops and more. It has a powder-coated tubular steel benchtop. It gives a power switch for easy control and non-slip grip in bottom.
The SawStop router table is one of the most heavy-duty router tables in the market go for it if you are looking for a long term investment and professional purpose. We suggest you buy a dust box sold separately as it helps a lot. The on-off switch and rubber grip comes very hand when working.
Flawless Lift system
Handy On-off switch
Router plate not included
No Dust collector
Dremel Router Table
Product Name: Dremel 231 Shaper/Router Table
Product Description: The Dremel router table is the most budget-friendly router table on our list. It has. all the features you will ever need from a router table it fits on all sort of benches and tables. You can also set on a different height of tables as per your convenience. It can be used with all Dremel tools and support all types of routers. It can do a lot of big tasks with a small wood pieces with ease.
This router table is best for small woodwork or if you are just starting. You need to invest in a full-size router table in the future. Go for this router table if you are looking for a handy, cost-effective and small job router table.
Best for small projects
Not for professionals
Made of plastic
Goplus Craftsman Router Table
Product Name: Goplus Electric Craftsman Router Table
Product Description: The Goplus Craftsman router table converts routers into stationary power tools, making woodworking easier. This router table offers more working space then you will ever need. The table is so versatile it fits almost all router bits. It offers a precise miter gauge for straight and predictable wor
This table is suitable for starter and professional with budget constraints. The table offers all the customizations you will every need. Go for this table if you are looking for an overall router table with all features in a budget.
Table extensions not flat on top
The fence is plastic
Kreg Router Table with Essential Accessories
Product Name: Kreg PRS2100 Bench Top Router Table with Essential Accessories
Product Description: Kreg Router Table offers more features than a full-size industrial router. It can be used both on a job or a shop. The table is made of noise-absorbing MDF tabletop with a rigid steel base and vibration-dampening rubber feet which makes it the most silent router table in the market. Kreg is expensive but this is one of the most researched router table available. The top16 inches by 24 inches which makes this router table easy to work on large projects.Bundle Includes:Kreg PRS2100 Bench Top Router Table Kreg PRS3020 True-FLEX Featherboard, Pack of 2 Kreg PRS3100 Multi Purpose Router Table Switch Kreg PRS3400 Precision Router Table Set Up Bars, Set of 7 Kreg PRS3050 Twist-Loc Ring Set, 5-Piece
If you are looking for a low budget but Industrial quality products this Kreg table is what you should invest in. The table is well researched and made of heavy-duty material. The Kreg router table is suitable for site work and shops works. You can perform any kind of work on this machine. The table is also the most silent router table in the market.
There is a reason it is on the BONUS. This is what we suggest you go with.
Essential accessories included
Most silent Router table
Little confusing for starters
How to choose a router table?
A table that is safe to use, produces accurate and desired results is considered a good router table. A good router table contains the following features:
- A Flat, Solid Top: It’s really significant that the table texture is formal and as close as possible to faultlessly flat. Rigidity is important because a router table that flexes when it encounters the downward pressure necessary in feeding wood won’t reliably produce accurate cuts…
- A Flat, Rigid Base Plate: On maximum router tables, the router is fastened to a base plate, which in turn fits into a rabbeted space in the tabletop. The integrity and configuration of the base plate can retain a vast effect on the functions of the table.
- Mitre and T-Slots: A mitre slot comes in handy for securing feather boards and other router tables accessories. A slot that attaches flip stop, hold-down clamps.
- An Accurate, Easy-to-Position Fence: There’s quite a range in the quality and functionality of fences. The ones that will make your table perfect must be straight, square, rigid and easy to position. They must also have a good adjustment range, so they won’t shift when locked down. That’s hard to accomplish if the table is wobbling or shifting. More important, working on an unsteady base is hazardous.
Some basics about router table
A Router table enables the user to function the router at the different varieties of angles, including upside down and sideways too. The table provides added flexibility for the DIY woodworker, making it possible to perform otherwise impossible cuts.
When ascended on a router table, a router functions commonly, though since the woodworker is facing the tool, the spindle will appear to turn in the opposing direction. Usually, although there are numerous ways the router is mainly positioned vertically for smooth undertaking pointing upwards. But some of the router tables are available in horizontal positions for performing the task.
Components of a router table.
Table Top: Top surface is the most important portion of a router table as it is being used the most. The most important characteristics of the tabletop are its material and its surface texture. It is important that the surface does not wrap over time and that it is even and completely flat so that the shapes of your mouldings are not compromised.
Fence: A fence is what keeps your board pressed during work so an adjustable fence is what you must be in the lookout for if you wish to work with various sizes of workpieces accurately. A fence with adjustable positioning features will provide you with a wide range of fittings to hold any kind of board thus allowing you to take on any project. But before anything, you must make sure the fence is square, straight and unbendable.
Base Plate: This is present in all router tables as the router is attached to it. This plate, known as the Base Plate is designed to be fitted into a slot on the top of the table. The flatter the base plate, the better the usage of the router will be. Base plates are usually made of machined aluminum but solid phenolic aluminum can also be a good option as both materials provide durability and substantiality. A well-fitted plate must feel rigid and levelled properly. The best model, however, is the one that allows quick and easy attachments and removals.
Mitre and T-Slots: These may not always be present on a router table but they are great for increasing productivity. A mitre slot is useful for times when you need to use a mitre gauge for your work while having T-Slots allow you to place and attach various accessories…
What can you do with a router table?
- Router tables are generally operated to work on thin, small, or sometimes long materials, as it is sometimes not appropriate to work with when someone is using a handheld router alone.
- One common use is creating raised panel doors. As there are unique designs and particular needs of raised panel doors, a router table helps and makes it easier for the woodworker to give a proper definition to the element in the sense of its width and depth so that it may match the other one door perfectly.
- Router tables are also very beneficial at inducing the same allowance invariably, which can be significant while developing commercial furnishings-where excellence control is vital.
- This tool is really very universal, but a router table gives you even more options for using your router in different ways.
- There exist numerous uses of a router tables, and most woodworking experts will agree a router table gives you quite distinct flexibility than a hand-held router.
- A router table, on the other hand, ensures truly high cutting precision, thanks to a fixed bit that reduces the risk of the workpiece shifting and getting off the course while passing it along the bit.
- Unlike physical criteria mainly been resolved for cutting only straight lines or some geometric patterns, a steady fraction of a router table will give you a chance to refine jagged workpieces and cut complex patterns allowing you to manoeuvre the wood the way you like. Besides, a router table is adequate not only for cutting along the edge but also for inlay practice where most handheld models would fail due to the inadequacy of vitality and accuracy.
Other uses of a router table are:
- Trimming and template woodwork
- High quality and accurate stop cuts
- Joining two pieces of material with grooves and slots
- Dovetail and box joinery
- Cutting and shaping mouldings
- Edge trimming and pattern work
How to use a router table?
Using a router along with a router table is not such a complex job, in fact, it enhances your working style and provides you with a big area to learn to work with different facets. It is kind of vital today for the beginners to learn how to use it and strengthen their capabilities.
- The use of a router lift can make essential height adjustments for the perfect cut; since the height of the bit is fixed relative to the surface of the table, the router will compile trenches of fit abysm.
- A basic router table comprises a cliff plate, safety components, mitre slots, and an adjustable fence which gives added adjustability relying on your certain desires. Generally, there are two types of router tables: freestanding and benchtop. Mainly speaking, benchtop router tables are lighter in weight than freestanding router tables, and therefore they’re often much easier to stride around when required.
- However a router table may look complicated initially, exceedingly if you’re used to the hand-held version, it’s a crucial slab of the device for severe woodworkers. Some attractive captions to look for in a router table include the size of the table (larger equal easier cutting), dividable baseplates, an easily-adjustable bit guard, and slots for mounting accessories
Frequently Asked Questions.
Can I use more than one router on my router table?
Yes but it depends on the model of your router table. If your router table can accommodate the bigger routers then they can be modified to accommodate the smaller routers too.
How is a cabinet style router table beneficial?
Router tables with fitted cabinets are excellent for organizing tools and keeping all your accessories and small items together in one place. It helps you keep your workplace tidy and also keeps your items safely stored in one place so you do not misplace them and know where to access them quickly.
How to maintain my router table?
In terms of maintenance, you can keep it clean and remove sawdust and other collected debris after each use. Your router bit may require occasional lubricating and the fence may also need regular check-ups for wear and tear.
How much should I spend to purchase a good router table?
The quality of your woodwork will be affected by the performance of your router table so if you want professional results then you must be ready to invest in the well-made models. We suggest comparing different models and then selecting the one which best suits your requirements